We are really excited to tell you about our October trip — a trip to really make a difference in the lives of school children and teachers! Take your choice of what you would like to do while on this trip– help with repairs and building or teach Vacation Bible School.
We will be working at a small school in the western highlands of Guatemala. This remote little school is situated high on a volcanic mountain and contains only 3 classrooms and 3 teachers. Because of limited resources they need our help with repairs and with a building project at the school and have also invited us to present VBS to the children at the school.
You will have time to:
- your choice of work projects — building/repairs or teaching Vacation Bible School
- meet the artisans we work with and visit their communities and homes
- maybe see how they make those delicious tortillas by hand
- learn a little of a Mayan language – T”zutujil, Kakchiquel or K’iche
- visit other villages in the rural highlands and see beautiful Lake Atitlan
- see the colonial city of Antigua
- share God’s love while helping our neighbors in Guatemala
- maybe teach a little English in our spare time at the school
- view weaving demonstrations on a backstrap loom and foot pedal loom
Learn more about this trip of a lifetime at our website and then email us for more information!
Trip dates — September 28 thru October 7th
Hurry before the trip fills up!