- What can a mother earn in Guatemala?
- Is she able to care for her children and home and still earn money to help?
- How can a single mother feed her children?
- Can a family buy school supplies and send their children to school?
So what do these questions have to do with a neck scarf?
What is a neck scarf worth to these women? How does a neck scarf help them…………
Every time someone buys a neck scarf from Education And More it gives the weaver —- that mother — an income. What does she earn for her weaving? Our artisans earn approximately 200% above the Guatemalan poverty line for each hour they work on products.
But that is not all —
- they receive business training to develop their weaving / handcraft businesses
- advance payment if needed
- new sewing centers
- learning new skills such as sewing
- they receive help for their children to attend school
- interest free micro-credit loans
These are just a small portion of the extra benefits our artisans have received. This is all possible because you have bought one of their handcrafts in our online store or hosted a bazaar of their handcrafts at your church.
So how does a neck scarf help? Let me count the ways…………………………