When there is so much need in the world how do you decide what to do– how much to do– where to help, etc, etc, etc. We are reminded in 1 John 3:17 that ‘if any one has material possesions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”
But how much?
But where to help?
Where does your heart lie; what tugs at you. The world today is like a global village – so easy to stay in touch with people around the world. This make it so much easier to realize our “brother in need” might be on another continent but still be our neighbors. When we have so much – so many possessions—– it is easy to forget our neighbors.
- Donate $10 a month —- Start small and increase as you can. Every month make a note in your calendar and go online and give just $10. Just $10 a month will help feed a family for a week.
- Every time you are at the store purchase a pack of pencils or pens, color markers or something from the school supplies list on the Education And More website. Send them on to the organization when you have a box full.
- Donate $25 a month to help pay the salary of a teacher in a Guatemalan school.
- Talk to your friends or co-workers and ask for them to donate their unused laptop computers. This is a wonderful gift to an older child trying to complete their education!
- Sew tote bags for Education And More. Use any type of colorful fabric and we will fill with school supplies for a school child. Check our website for more information.
- Ask at your child’s school or Sunday School if they would like to collect school supplies.
- Send an email to all your friends and tell them about Education And More’s website and work in Guatemala.
- Purchase Guatemalan artisan crafts from our website whenever you need to give a gift. Not only will you be giving a gift but you will be giving dignity and hope to the artisan that crafted the gift.
- Donate $10 to purchase a book for a school library.
- Pray daily for the work of Education And More. Pray for the children in the Lake Atitlan area and their families.
Just do it as the Nike commercial says!